Șantierul Naval Mangalia
ship bulding, ship repairs
Reablility, professionalism, technology and tradition in the service of beneficiaries
Company presentation (Brief History)
In 1956 was founded a budget unit subordinated to the Navy Command Directorate of Industrial based on the northern shore of Lake Mangalia. In 1963 under HCM 767/27.09.1963 this unit changed it’s name in Mangalia Shipyard , a unit with it’s own economic management subordinated to the Department of Industrial of the Armed Forces Ministry.
By 2001, Mangalia Shipyard subsidiary was a subsidiary of SC ” Arsenal” S.A., an National Company of ” Romarm SA , without juridical personality , but with limited financial and economic autonomy , established by the Governmental decision nr. 979/2000.
Based on H.G. 952/27.10.2001 be established S.C. Mangalia Shipyard SA, based in Port Entry Street No. 1, Romanian juridical person, under the authority of Ministry of Industry and Resources.At the end of 2002 Mangalia Shipyard gave 130000 sqm of land and asssets to the city hall of Mangalia to construct an industrial park.Mangalia Shipyard has not subsidiaries, agents, branches and outlets with or without legal representation.
Between 04.08.2008 and 30.04.2013 Mangalia Shipyard was in joint venture without legal personality with Sisteme Navale Mangalia S.R.L., whose shareholding in the first two years was controlled by Lurssen LAR Invest GmbH Bremen, Germany.